This is the second garment I knitted for Connor. I really should feel guilty, most of the stuff I knit are for myself. I spent all those time knitting, and so far I have only made two garments for my older son. I had originally bought the yarn for Phildar Swing Jacket more than a year ago, and changed my mind after swatching. I saved the yarn and thought one day I would make a Raglan Cardi for Connor. A few months ago I bought this Japanese pattern book for toddler knits, and I saw this jacket. It is so much more interesting than a simple raglan cardigan. So I decided to switch.
I love the design of this cardigan. There are diamond shapes on both the front and back shoulders, along the bottom hem, and on the side of the sleeves. The collar, hem, and the sleeve hems are in seed stitches in darker color. Although I like this yarn, I realized it is probably not the best choice for this particular design. I really should not use a tweedy yarn for a design that emphasizes on stitch definitions. You can hardly see the diamonds unless you look closely. But I was more than half way done by the time I realized it, and was too lazy to frog and redo it.
I also like the buttons on the original design, but I couldn't find any suitable ones in the stores. The button holes are quite small too, they were done with only a yo. Most of the similar buttons I found are much larger and would not fit. So I picked out these acorn buttons to go with the cardigan. They are so cute, and I love how they look on the cardigan!