線材: Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton (100% 有機棉), 色號#83 卡其 - 1.6 綑 及 色號#85 卡其摻白 - 1.6 綑 (150yd [137m] / 100g)
圖樣: 自己矇的 :D
針號: 美制11號 8.0mm 輪針，美制10.5號 6.5mm 輪針
尺寸: 胸圍 88 cm (34.5 英吋), 身長 38 cm (15 英吋)
製作日期: 2008/07/26 - 2008/08/01
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Organic Cotton (100% organic cotton), color #83 Sage - 1.6 skeins and color #85 Willow - 1.6 skeins (150yd [137m] / 100g)
Pattern: I figured it out... see below
Needles: Addi Turbo US size 11 (8.0mm)/29"(74cm) circular and US size 10 1/2 (6.5mm) circulars
Size: Chest circumference 34.5", length 15"
Duration: 2008/07/26 - 2008/08/01
織這件的過程真的是很好玩呢，不久前在網路上亂逛時看到 Anthropologie 這件粗編小外套 (以下照片這一件，這幾天回去他們網站看已經沒了)
Well, this was really a fun project. Several weeks ago I was browsing Anthropologie's website and came across this Chunky Knit Shrug (they just took it off the site a few days ago, but here's what it looks like.)
看一看覺得，一件小小壓克力毛線衣要美金68元？ :O 太貴了吧？ 應該可以用更好的線材來自己做一件。 這件看起來作法跟由上往下拉克蘭外套的織法類似，只是要用粗線。試了密度後就開打了，邊打邊試穿來決定如何進行下去。完成後覺得還不錯咧！我自己覺得很滿意，跟我原先想的一樣。以前不喜歡粗線，現在覺得織來真的是又簡單又快，頗有成就感的。不過這件織到快完了才發現它跟網路上另一件同是 Anthropologie 的小外套織法很像(他們好像每一季都會推出類似樣式...) 不同處在於我在腋下脅間有加針，穿起來感覺比較像cardigan而不是shrug.
And I thought - $68 for an acrylic sweater? I can do better than that. After all, the construction looked like the Top-Down Raglan Cardi, in super chunky yarns. So I cast on, and just sort of figuring it out as I knit along. And I think it turned out pretty well, exactly what I had in mind. It was super easy and super fast. I think I am in love with chunky knits now... :) I realized toward the end of finishing it, that it is very similar to the Anthropologie-inspired Capelet (Anthropologie seems to come out with these similar designs every season...) The difference is that I added stitches to the underarm so it would wear more like a cardi, rather than a shrug.
本來想找個和原設計一樣的白玫瑰釦子，可惜這附近的店裡都沒有。就自己用Rowan 4-Ply Cotton 鉤了一朵花縫上去，裡面再縫上勾扣。可是好像不夠牢，扣起來前面還是開開的。我想穿幾次看看，再決定要不要改。
I tried looking for a white rose button, just like the Anthropologie sweater, with no luck. So I crocheted one using Rowan 4-Ply Cotton and sewed it on. For the closure, I used hook and eye. But I guess these are not strong enough, the fronts are still kind of open even with the hook in its place. I think I'll give it a few wears and decide if I need to come up with different ways of doing it.
這組線真的是超柔軟的，跟我以前買過的棉線完全不一樣。這線是在 Knitting Arts 關門前幾個星期買的 (嗚... 這是我最愛的一家毛線店呢...) 線還剩下不少 - 一綑是100 g, 卡其色還剩49 g, 卡其掺白那綑還剩48 g。 不知道能拿來做什麼？ 要快點決定，因為這顏色好像快要不賣了。
This Blue Sky Alpacas organic cotton is wonderfully soft, unlike any of the other cotton yarns I have. I picked it up just a few weeks before Knitting Arts closed their doors (sob... one of my favorite LYS...) There are still quite a bit left - at 100 g per skein, the sage has 49 g left and the willow has 48 g left. What can I make with these? Must decide soon, I think these two colors are being discontinued.
The entire sweater is knit with two strands of yarn (one in sage color, one in willow color) held together.
Gauge: 10 sts & 14 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch using US size 11 (8.0 mm) needles
- CO 41 sts.
- (RS): K3, work (p, k) 1x1 rib to last 4 sts; p, k3.
- (WS): P3, work (k, p) 1x1 rib to last 4 sts; k, p3.
- Repeat last 2 rows 4 more times or when it measures about 3" from CO. On the last row, place markers as follows: P3, (k, p) twice, pm, k, pm, (p, k) twice, p, pm, k, pm, (p, k) 6 times, p, pm, k, pm, (p, k) twice, p, pm, k, pm, (p, k) twice, p3.
- Next row (RS): There are 4 pairs of markers on the needles. For each pair, knit to the first marker, yo, slip marker, knit the stitch between markers, slip the 2nd marker, yo; knit the remaining stitches.
- Next row (WS): K3, purl to last 3 sts; k3. Slip all markers.
- Repeat last 2 rows 10 more times. Total: 129 sts.
- Knit up to the 2nd marker, remove marker, place next 27 sts till next marker on scrap yarn or stitch holder, remove marker, CO 6 sts on the needles, continue to knit through the back (the next 37 sts), remove marker, place the next 27 sts till next marker on holder, remove marker, CO 6 sts on the needles, continue to knit the next 19 sts to the end of the row. (Remove all markers as working across the row)
- Next row (WS): K3, purl to last 3 sts, k3. (Total: 87 sts)
- Continue to knit all on RS, (k3, purl to last 3 sts, k3) on WS, for 16 rows.
- (RS): K3, work (p, k) 1x1 rib to last 3 sts, k3.
- (WS): P3, work (k, p) 1x1 rib to last 3 sts, p3.
- Repeat the last 2 rows 1 more time. Work 1 more RS row.
- Bind off all sts.
- Sleeve: Move stitches from scrap yarn or stitch holder evenly onto US size 11 (8.0mm) double-pointed needles or two circular needles, pick up 5 sts from the underarm where 6 sts were cast on for the body. Place marker to mark the beginning of a round.
- Start knitting in the round for two rounds.
- Change to US size 10 1/2 (6.5mm) needles, work (k, p) 1x1 rib for 4 rounds. Bind off.
- Work the other sleeve the same way.
- Weave in ends. Block as desired.
Note: These are my notes. I tried to write down all the details as I worked along. If something doesn't seem right, drop a comment and I'll look into it. Thanks!