This is my first project for Joey's Knitting House KAL. For this month there were four projects to choose from, and I had my eyes on the first one - the light yellow shrug and tank combo. However I couldn't find suitable yarn for it from my stash, and didn't have a whole lot of time to go shopping for yarn, I decided to start with the third one - the green lace crochet bolero. It just happened that I have an odd ball of Filatura di Crosa Brilla in my stash (rescued from one of the odd ball bins at a LYS), the gauge worked out perfectly. And thus I headed to a LYS, picked up more balls and started this project.
This photo is closest to the true color. 這張照片最接近原色.
I felt the front pieces have more difficulties (with the neckline and armhole shaping), so I started with the back piece, to get familiar with the pattern and hoped the front pieces would be smooth sailing. I was only about 2/3 of the way through the back piece when I realized this is not an easy and quick project as I first thought that it would be. There are so many 3-chain picots!! TOO MANY!! Picots slowed me down, especially I am a tight-hand crocheter/knitter. Another challenge is this yarn is splitty. There were countless times where my hook failed to catch the entire strand and had to retract and redo a stitch. Not fun at all.
This photo has a bit too much flash in it, the color is too light. 這張照片裡閃光燈太強, 顏色有點太淺.
I made a small modification at the sleeves. Because the yarn felt a bit stiff when crocheted, the edges of the sleeves flared up so much that it almost felt like I had two flowers at my shoulders. The original pattern called for 12 pattern repeats, I changed it to 11. This reduced the flare a bit, and it looks better now. For a softer yarn, I think 12 pattern repeats would have been okay.