I guess I am not quite happy with this FO. The pattern was clear, I had no problems following it. The knitting went smoothly as well. But I came to realize when I was knitting the front piece, that the finished garment would be quite heavy. The yarn itself is heavy, each skein has only 77 yards and weighs 50g. The size small I made required 9 skeins. I just weighed the garment, the whole thing is 428g. It felt thick and heavy when I tried it on, for which I am quite disappointed. One of the reasons why I decided to knit this project is the potential versatility, a garment that you could possibly wear all year long. Now that it is so heavy, wearing it during the summer is out of the question. I may have to wait till late fall to actually wear it. Well, another lesson learned. This is something I could have foreseen when I chose the yarn. I just got too excited in the midst of a yarn sale, you understand.
I made modifications to the length of the garment. I felt the original length would be too much for me. The waist ribbing was reduced from 3 1/2" to 3". The lower body was reduced from 10" to 8 3/4". Everything else is pretty much per pattern.
With all that said, I still like the lace patterns and the color of the yarn. If I can start over, I think a lightweight cotton-blend yarn would have been a better choice. The pattern is not difficult, it's just the hot weather making me impatient. I spent only about 1 hour, sometimes 2, everyday on this project. Even the 64" I-cord belt, which is so easy yet so boring, took me one week to finish. To get myself to finish it, I decided not to publish another posting until I am done with this project... haha... it still took me more than a month. Although in the meantime, I finished another crochet bolero, just haven't had time to block it yet, it will be the next posting.