Monday, July 21, 2008

No Wool in July

After struggling for a few weeks, I gave up. It was just too hot to be working with wool. So, as much as I would like to finish the Silver Belle Cardigan, I decided to put it on hold for a while. And I was so close to the finish line too. Just a few more straight lines of cables and button panels, and I will be done. But I just couldn't take it any more. Working with wool in 90 degrees weather, with no air conditioning, is just inhumane.

和 Silver Belle Cardigan 努力了幾星期後,還是決定暫停一下。天氣實在是太熱,在這種天氣下織羊毛線簡直是虐待。我已經快織完了說... 再幾條麻花、前襟釦洞,就好了呢。可是我受不了啦,編織應該是休閒調劑身心的,織到這麼受罪就不值得了。

Pictured below is the "skirt" of the cardigan, and one of the sleeves and body. The other sleeve is also done. I plan to pick it up again when the weather cooperates.

照片裡左邊的是衣身下半部像“裙子”的部分,右邊的是袖子和衣身的一部分。另一隻袖子也織好了。打算天氣稍涼一點再來繼續進行。

Silver Belle Cardigan WIP

This is what I have been working on this past week. A long, lacy vest, with a wide v-neck and lacy ruffles. It is going well, and I should be able to finish it in the next couple days.

這一個星期來都在玩鉤針,這個是一件長(也沒有很長啦)背心,洞洞很大也很多,前面開大V領,V領和下擺有波浪花邊。進行的蠻順利地,應該再兩天可以完成。

Lacy Long Vest WIP