線材: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece (80% 棉, 20% 美麗諾羊毛), 色號#225 橘粉紅 - 2.6 綑 (215yd [197m] / 100g)
圖樣: Zephyr Style
針號: 美制4號 3.5mm 輪針(領口，袖口，下擺鬆緊編)，美制6號 4.0mm 輪針(衣身)
尺寸: S號，胸圍 84 cm/33 英吋, 長 51 cm/20 英吋
製作日期: 2008/09/10 - 2008/09/18
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece (80% cotton, 20% merino wool), color #225 Coral Sunset - 2.6 skeins (215yd [197m] / 100g)
Pattern: Zephyr Style
Needles: Addi Turbo US size 4 (3.5mm) / 24" (60cm) & 32" (80cm) for ribbing along the neckline, sleeves, and bottom hem, Addi Turbo US size 6 (4.0mm) / 24" (60cm) for body
Size: Size S, chest circumference 33"(84cm), length 20"(51cm)
Duration: 2008/09/10 - 2008/09/18
Rusted Root has been so popular in the blog world, there are 765 FO's in Ravelry alone. It has a simple construction and knits up fast. It is worked from top down in circular fashion. The increases are done along the raglan sleeve lines. The leaf lace panel just keeps it interesting amid the boring stockinette stitches. The only sewing required is at the underarm. This is a great project for a lazy bum like me or for someone who wants to try knitting from top down in circulars.
The knitting went pretty smoothly for this one, except on the third day. I was watching CSI, and somehow added one stitch to the right of the leaf lace panel. All the increases are supposed to be along the raglan sleeve lines where stitch markers were placed. There are also two stitch markers for the leaf lace panel to mark the beginning and the end. I was really into what was on TV and didn't look to see which stitch marker I was at, I did a M1 before the lace panel marker... And I did not realize it until several rounds later... If this mistake was at some inconspicuous places like the side seams, I would probably just let it go. But it was right on the chest, very noticeable. So, I frogged it, one day worth of progress for me. But after that, I did not make another mistake although I still knit with the TV on.
Love the small puffy sleeves
- 袖子部分 - 我在腋下多挑了三針，這樣洞比較小一點，藏線頭時把洞再拉小縫緊一點就好了。
I followed the pattern for the most part, with the following modifications:
- Waist shaping - For size S, the decreases are supposed to be 5 times. I thought that it might be too tight for me, and only did 4 times.
- For the waist shaping decreases, the pattern uses k2tog for both sides. I think it may look better if the right side uses k2tog, the left uses ssk.
- After the waist shaping, the original pattern has straight knitting to the hem. Again, I felt I needed a little bit more room for the tummy area, so I did 3 rounds of increases at about 2.5 inches (6cm) from the last decrease.
- Sleeves - I picked up 3 stitches at the underarm when joining to knit. The hole at the underarm would be a bit smaller and could be easily sewn when I weaved in the ends.
This is also one of the projects that sat in my stash for a long time, probably more than a year or maybe even a year and half. What's one to do? I have got only two hands, but so so many projects to do!