a caffeinated knitter who often knits furiously at midnight in a futile attempt to make a dent in her rapidly growing stash...
Saturday, October 14, 2006
Bevin Tank is Done
Yarn: Patons Brilliant #3232 green glitter, 4 balls Pattern: Spun Magazine Issue 1 (With correction on lace pattern here) Needles: Size 9 (5.5mm) Hook: Crochet hook 3.75mm for edging Gauge: 20 sts and 26 rows = 4" in St st Start: September 25, 2006 Finish: October 11, 2006
After ripping both the front and back pieces back to the beginning of armhole shaping, I added 8 rows to the body portion before starting armhole shaping, raised the neckline, and shortened the shoulder straps. This time, I just tried to decide my next steps as I go. Although it took longer than anticipated, it was a good learning exercise. And it was kind of fun, as if I was trying to come up with my own design. I am pretty satisfied with the end result. Although I realized the armholes were a bit too high (a 4-row increase would have been perfect), but it didn't bother me enough for me to rip them out again. The center lace panel is very see-through, something I did not anticipate. I have to wear a cream camisole underneath.
This is a good basic tank pattern (now that I have it figured out for my size.) I would make it again, maybe with a cotton or cotton-blend yarn. Substituting the center panel with a different lace will be fun too.