Monday, October 23, 2006

Tempting II Progress (or Regress?)

I want to cry. I finished the connection of the neckband to the yoke on Tempting II, and just had to stop. It looks terrible! The neckband flares out so much, it is like a ruffle. I followed the pattern exactly. And this is what it looks like after more than one week of hard work at the neckband...
I had a bad feeling as I was knitting it, but hoped that miraculously it will turn out okay once I put on the buckle. And I realized now the buckle is not going to fix this. I am going to have to rip out the neckband, maybe do more decreases, and maybe use smaller needles to knit the neckband... or something... I don't know anymore.

I have to put this sweater away for now. I am so upset right now, another sight of it will make me tear it apart.

1 comment:

Tcknit said...

Oh no!! After all the time you spent on this thing....

Well, here is what I did; instead of [k2tog, k1] after you join, I did k2tog all the way to the end, and instead of SSK last st of band tog w/ 1st st of neckline, I did SSK last st of band tog w/ 2 sts on edge of yoke. It's been a while, and I didn't take good notes, I think that's what I did. Try it?