This scarf is quite simple. It's a long strip of a very easy lace, with elastic threads running through the "spines" of the strip. One can adjust the amount of shirring by pulling the elastic threads. I actually finished knitting this scarf and bound off on 2/27/07. I then started threading the elastic through it, and found out that it wasn't quite what I envisioned it to be. Well, the elastic thread is very thin and feels a bit weak for holding the shirring in place (even with 3 strands held together.) Not sure that I wanted to continue on, I put it aside. I know I won't frog it (I might as well toss it out if I am to frog 3 balls worth of mohair.) But, I am not sure that threading through the second bundle of elastics will achieve the effect I want. So it kept sitting in my WIP piles. Until today, finally struck by reality, I decided to just finish it and call it a day.