Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Work Has Just Begun...


I started this Little Star Sweater back in November, and had to put it aside several times to finish my Christmas gifts and for our Maui trip. Last Friday and Saturday, I finally picked it up again and finished all the knitting. I had hoped to complete all the finishing work by Monday, then I can focus on Sahara and Phildar Swing Jacket (which has also been put aside due to the busy December schedule) But then... when I looked down and saw all those loose ends staring back at me... SIGH (a very BIG SIGH...) How much longer is this sweater going to take?... I feel like the real work has just begun...

這件小星星毛衣從十一月就開打了, 中途為了準備聖誕禮物和出門旅行而擱在一旁. 上禮拜五, 六終於把織的部分拼完了, 本打算到禮拜一完成縫合, 想這樣子我就可以專心織Sahara和同樣被我擱下的Phildar Swing Jacket. 真正開始要縫了, 仔細一看, 不禁唉聲嘆氣... 我的天啊! 這線頭實在是有夠多! 織的時候就想到這件織好後接縫的工不少, 只是真正面對了, 還是有點不能接受... 唉... 這件還要做多久? 好累...

5 comments:

PlumStitches said...

I love this little sweater. I've been working on it since June, everything finished except the front. It looks great!

Tcknit said...

Hehehe, I have the same feeling about my Bubble pullover, all finished, but lots ends to weave in...

Hurry up and finish it so little Conner can wear it before he gets too big...^O^

Mimi said...

I know how you feel about the loose endings but don't give up, it's looking very nice! It will take less time than you think ;)

Anonymous said...

Celia,想請問你一下,你買的blocking wire的店,有網址嗎?因為我很想買,在台灣好不容易問到一家店有賣blocking wire 和 blocking board,可是老闆不太願意割愛,(因為她說只有一組,而且在台灣幾乎沒人賣這種定型軟管,並且暗示我,會很"貴"),所以想請問你,網址,可能的話,我想自己從國外買,比較快...

Celia said...

To Beth:
Thanks for stopping by. This sweater is my favorite of all the baby/toddler designs. Looking forward to seeing your version of this sweater!

To TCKnit, Mimi:
I am working on it… slowly… but, I AM working on it…

To Annie:
我買的那家店(www.goknit.com)好像沒有郵購服務. 不過妳可以試試這幾家:

我買的 blocking wire 叫做 Fiber Fantasy Sweater Blocker

http://www.knittingzone.com/catalog/product_info.php?pName=blocking-kit&cName=gadgets-jewelry-and-buttons
http://yarn.com/webs/0/0/0/0-1064-1088-1457/0/0/2844/

不確定這兩家收不收越洋訂購:
http://www.kyarns.com/blocking-wires.html
https://www.woolstock.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=17&zenid=c48ac3f7b9a9cf355bc6e3d1c4c682e5

Good luck!